choice Stucco blog
Vancouver Stucco Contractor Articles
Exploring the World of Stucco Wall TexturesSeptember 28th, 2019 | by Choice Stucco | 0
Choosing a siding for your residential or commercial building...
...can be a difficult decision. With so many modern options and each having their own advantages and disadvantages, reaching a decision can take a lot of energy.
Fortunately, to help make this decision easier, stucco is not only durable and time tested, but is also an aesthetically pleasing option. Whether residential stucco, commercial property stucco or even stucco for a entire strata complex, stucco carries many advantages and should be at the top of your list.
One great advantage of stucco applications is the number of choices you have for the kind of texture. Some choices include:
- scraped, which provides a smooth finish
- cat face, which shows of small bits of the textured base
- trowel sweep, a fan-like pattern
- float which gives the appareance of grains of sand
- briar, which uses lots of ridges and lines
- California, which is a thin and textured top coat that is fairly smooth
- Web, which has many rectangular patterns and is fairly smooth
The texture you choose may also depend on the stucco finish that you have chosen. Each finish carries its own advantages and disadvantages, and different options for textures. The common finish types include:
- Acrylic, which has the final colour as part of the finish
- rock dash, which has a rough texture and can be painted any colour
Regardless of which finish and texture you choose, you can rest easy knowing you have a stucco wall that is durable and will last for years to come.